Well, since there's going to be a ton of discussion about this, I thought I might start something here about potential bats to target.
A few guidelines:
- Be realistic.
- Platoons are always an option.
- Think about how we match up (trade wise) with other teams needs.
- Playing multiple positions (flexibility!) is a bonus.
- Plate discipline is preferred, though our organization is good at helping youth with their approaches.
- Left handed bats are OK, but RH is preferable ... I guess.
Atkins, Garret, Colorado, 3B
Johnson, Kelly, Atlanta, 2B (LH)
Guillen, Jose, Seattle (Bavisi!)
Ethier, Andre, LAD (LH; they hate youth!)
Kemp, Matt, LAD (lefty masher, needs work on PD)
Have at it.