We've had a little over a week of action in Class AAA Buffalo and Class AA Akron. Not that this is any great feat, but Tribe hitters seem to a lot hotter in minors than they are in the majors. Pitchers? Not so much. Here are this week's minor lines.....
1) Andy Gonzalez is doing his best Barry Bonds impression in Buffalo. Let's see how long that lasts.
2) Brad Snyder and small sample sizes seem to agree. For now!
3) Wes Hodges, Michael Aubrey and Matt Whitney look to have packed their whuppin' sticks for the trip from Florida to Akron. Good to see.
4) The Beau Weglarz entity is rockin' the walks in Kinston (8 between the two of them).
1) Ben Francisco hasn't gotten hot yet, but is walking at a decent clip.
2) Wyatt Toreagas still can't do much of anything with the bat.
3) Potential bullpen reinforcements - Mujica, Mastny and Slocum - have had a rought time so far.
1) Laffey and Lofgren have gotten tagged in a couple of their outings. Both are sporting WHIPs over 2.00.
2) J-Rod has one hit in 21 ABs, but has posted decent BB/K numbers (3:4).