With CC gone, who should be the next to be calling a Realtor? In other words - who's next off the island.
- CasEy BlakE - His trade value has probably never been higher with his sudden inexplicable ability to hit with RISP. Plus, he's blocking Andy Marte. Downside - can anyone else on this team hit in runs?
- Paul Byrd - He might have some value to a contender needing a 5th starter to eat some innings. Downside - hasn't pitched well over the last month or so - might only bring organizational filler in return.
- Ryan Garko - Matt LaPorta looms, and his swing just seems to get longer and longer. Downside - might stop swinging for the fences and start hitting like last year again.
- David Dellucci - Veteran presence off the bench. Downside - we'll probably have to eat his contract and even then we'll likely only get organizational filler.
- Ben Francisco - Classic fourth outfielder. LaPorta can play left. So can Choo. Pretty good arm. Old for a rookie. Might provide someone else with a little pop off the bench. Downside - Really, not much downside I can see.
- Rafael Betancourt - Maybe he's jumped the shark. Can we find someone to buy based on his lights out season last year? If he finds it elsewhere, we'll probably regret it.
- Andy Marte - Maybe he really is overrated and we can find a buyer based on that great season at Richmond. His trade value has probably never been lower, though.
- All of the above
- Someone else? Who else might have some value but may not be in the longterm plans? Gutierrez? Choo?