Michael Brantley had surgery, which has already been covered... here's what else happened over the weekend
- Derek Jeter injured himself in game 1 of the ALCS. He is out for the remainder of 2012. Former Indian Jayson Nix took over at short in game 2 (and 1) and went 0-for-3 in the Yankees' 3–0 loss to Detroit.
- The Cardinals, who finished the regular season six games behind the wildcard-leading Braves, beat the Giants 6–4 in game 1 of the NLCS. Tim Lincecum looked good once again in relief for the Giants.
- The Mets would like to lock up David Wright very soon. He's currently signed under a club option for 2013. Perhaps his life dream is to play for Terry Francona.
- I tried writing about this Hoynes piece but my rambling commentary on it just got backspaced by myself. Check out the link if you need something to mock. He needs to stick to reporting.
- Here's an alternative link for Hoynes' readers to check out.
- For all you quote harvesters: 2012's best
2012 is about 80% over. Which condiment has had the best year? Do not consider which is the best bet to succeed in the future.
Ketchup (2 votes)
Mustard (13 votes)
BBQ sauce (10 votes)
Relish (0 votes)
Mayo (2 votes)
Other (0 votes)
27 total votes