Get the latest Indians news and analysis with Let's Go Tribe
Follow Let's Go Tribe on Twitter
Like Let's Go Tribe Facebook
Thanks to everyone who has been giving feedback on the new platform; that feedback has helped to drive some improvements that will make using the site much easier. This morning a fairly major upgrade was done, with the following fixes (my comments in italics):
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
This is a big improvement, as you can click through straight to comments sections now. Also the big recs number to the left of the FanPost has been taken away; recs now appear in small print next to the comments link, like at the old site.
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
Now you'll see who posted any article that's in the cover. Since 95% of our front page content can also be seen below the cover, this isn't that big a deal for this site, but it's nice to have.
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
For instance, Rob Neyer's post on the Indians now indicates that it's from Baseball Nation, so you'll know before clicking through that you're going to another SB Nation site.
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
This is a big deal for Let's Go Tribe, as we make big use of the StoryStreams.
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
The snarky captions will now return to stories with pictures.
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
For those who are accessing the site via your phone, you should see some improvements in how the site looks.
In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.