Mike Sarbaugh says Goodbye, Columbus, Pronk says Goodbye Cleveland (maybe), and TJ House says Hello, Arizona.
While we wait for the smoke to clear and the free agent class to be fully known, there is still baseball in Arizona and other teams are already making trades and picking up other teams' flotsam.
First up - news on the Tribe
- Columbus Dispatch Clippers beat writer Jim Massie interviews Mike Sarbaugh on his promotion to the Indians' coaching staff. Jim Massie has done an excellent job covering the Clippers and if you follow the Indians' minor league teams, you need to bookmark the Clippers section on the Dispatch website - many of his articles and notes never make the print edition of the paper.
- Gold Glove winners announced. Shin-Soo Choo is not on the list.
- TJ House wins his second AFL game to go 2-0.
- ICYMI yesterday, Scott Maine was picked up off waivers by the Blue Jays. The Other Vinny and Kevin Slowey were both outrighted to AAA.
- Jordan Bastian writes on the Tribe's decision not to pick up Pronk's option.
- Dave Cameron examines the Ervin Santana to KC deal at fangraphs
- Jeff Sullivan examines the Dodgers' haste to sign Brandon League
- Rafael Soriano declines option, becoming free agent, turning down a $14 million dollar contract in hopes of getting another multi-year deal. Not surprisingly, Soriano's agent is Scott Boras (might Soriano end up in
BorasvilleDetroit to replace the Big Potato?) If Mariano Rivera retires, might Chris Perez become a Yankee? Stay tuned.
- For those of you who like lists: MLBTR has put out its Top 50 list of free agents, with some predictions on landing place.
- Speaking of Brandon League's contract, it appears that everyone else will be paying for the Dodgers' stupidity. It sure got Jeremy Affeldt's attention.