Jeff Hanisch-US PRESSWIRE
Reaction from around the league, Hernandez "close" to being a Ray and much more.
First, some followups on The Trade from Cleveland:
- After three-way deal, Tribe not done with upgrades | indians.com: News In the wake of the Indians' loudest transaction of the winter, general manager Chris Antonetti made one thing abundantly clear. "We still have work to do," he said at Progressive Field on Wednesday.
- Cleveland Indians GM Chris Antonetti talks about acquiring Drew Stubbs, Trevor Bauer and future of team (video) | cleveland.com Cleveland Indians General Manger Chris Antonetti spoke with the media Wednesday afternoon about the three-team trade yesterday, which saw the Indians acquire outfielder Drew Stubbs, pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw.
- Terry Pluto's take on the trade
Some thoughts from elsewhere:
- Shin-Soo Choo a Nice Addition to Reds, But Indians Poised to Be Big Winners of Three-Way Trade | MLB | NESN.com - NESN thinks the Indians won the trade
- Three-way trade leaves everyone happy, fulfilled - Baseball Nation - Everyone got what they wanted, except Kevin Towers, who seems to think he got Derek Jeter
- The Diamondbacks' eagerness to deal Trevor Bauer - Baseball Nation - The Indians should be wary about Arizona's willingness to deal Trevor Bauer.
- Peter Gammons: Acquiring pitching requires deft planning | MLB.com: News Peter Gammons contrasts methods used by MLB teams recently to get pitching
- Is Kevin Towers destroying the D-backs? - SweetSpot Blog - ESPN A Dbacks fan blogger responds to criticism of Kevin Towers.
- TribeVibe blog samples immediate reaction from the InterTWEETz
- Castrovince's take on the trade (video)
- Cleveland Indians Preliminary Prospect List - Minor League Ball John Sickels has put up preliminary prospect lists at Minor League Ball and asked for comment
- The Indians are still aggressively pursuing Nick Swisher, according to numerous sources, says Jim Bowden
- Tampa Bay Rays close to signing pitcher Roberto Hernandez - Tampa Bay Times - New home for Roberto Hernandez?
- St. Louis has traded Skip Schumaker to the Dodgers. Hole at second base in St. Louis for Cabrera? (wishcasting?)
- LGFT Scott Elarton still chasing the dream, now with the Twins.
- And now Jack Hannahan is LGFT, joining Donald and Choo in Cincinnati.