Not much going on in the baseball world until the Hall of Fame balloting results come in tomorrow. Here's the best of what I could find:
- Tribe prospects head to Cleveland for annual winter development program | indians.com: News : A group of the Indians' emerging prospects will be at Progressive Field this week, taking part in the organization's annual winter development program. It is a chance for the players to take a look around the ballpark and city they might someday call home.
- Anthony Castrovince: Former Major Leaguer Jody Gerut on mission to protect players' finances | MLB.com: News: Jody Gerut's focus these days, in his new role as a player agent for Wasserman Media Group, is on the remarkable number of professional athletes who don't take care of their money.
- Indians' DiBiasio talks about team's newsworthy offseason - Canton, OH - CantonRep.com: Indians Vice President Bob DiBiasio is always good for a few quotes and some interesting stories.
- Nick Swisher's signing cost Cleveland Indians their No.2 pick in June draft, but they retained their No.1 pick: Hey Hoynsie | cleveland.com - Your weekly dose of Hey Hoynsie. As always, read the comments at your own peril.
- Implications of the Lance Berkman signing for Texas: The prospect blocking continues in earnest in Texas, with little opportunity for either Profar or Olt to get much or any playing time in the bigs.
- Some team should take a chance on Kyle Lohse, says Jeff Sullivan of Fangraphs.com
- Fox Sports Ohio names new GM. Francois McGillicuddy will be Senior Vice President and will manage the FSO/STO merger.