- In what might be the least shocking development of the offseason, nobody claimed Thomas Neal on waivers. How he lasted longer on the 40 than Canzler is beyond me. Neal is not headed to MiLB camp because he was released instead.
- Yep, Scott Barnes claimed Thomas Neal.
- LNGFT Milton Bradley "has been charged with abusing his estranged wife, city prosecutors in Los Angeles announced"
- Chris Perez will be in the pen of the USA's WBC team that features a hilariously old rotation. Asdrubal will play for Venezuela.
- And finally, remember that avatar Jay used to have with a certain chubby ex-Expo? ...
Scouts are raving about Javier Vazquez, who is throwing 92-95 mph in Puerto Rico. He will pitch in the WBC. The #Nats showing heavy interest— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 12, 2013