Non-Athletics News and Notes
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia agreed to a 3-year, $21M contract with the Miami Marlins. Apparently one WS ring was enough for Salty.
- The Yankees reached a 7-year, $153M agreement with Jacoby Ellsbury. There could also be an eighth year.
- In what also seems like an overpay, the Rockies signed Jusitn Morneau for 2 years and $13M.
- That's not the only move the Rockies made on Tuesday: They also dealt Dexter Fowler to the Astros for Jordan Lyles and Brandon Barnes. Here's one projection of what Lyles might do in Colorado next season. Last offseason, there were rumors of a possible Masterson-Fowler trade.
- The Tigers signed Joe Nathan to a 2-year deal. Their bullpen should be better than it was in 2013.
- There was a 3-way trade between Arizona, the Rays and the Reds that netted Tampa Bay Ryan Hanigan. Then... the Rays and "Ryan Hanigan agree[d] to 3-year contract extension with a club option for 2017, worth a guaranteed $10.75 million."
- The Tampa Bay Rays re-signed C Jose Molina.
- It's looking more and more like Carlos Beltran will land back in Kansas City.
The Mariners are going after Robinson Cano. Even with Ellsbury, so are the Yankees.
- Brian Wilson is going to re-sign with the Dodgers.
Athletics News and Notes
- Oakland traded Seth Smith to San Diego for Luke Gregerson.
Sources: Yankees among many teams showing interest in A's starter Brett Anderson. A's likely to deal him at Winter Meetings.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 3, 2013
- Passan again:
- This is because:
Kazmir Leftovers (also very much Athletics News)
• This will make you sad:
• So will this:
Report: A’s are close to signing Scott Kazmir http://t.co/urF0ejQ1s4— Athletics Nation (@athleticsnation) December 2, 2013
Fun random note: