- Indians DH Mark Reynolds hasn't played since 3/6 due to back stiffness, said Francona. Possible return on Wednesday (after Tuesday off-day).
- Indians have informed RHP Zach McAllister that he has a spot on the rotation. LHP David Huff told he's now competing for bullpen job.
- LF Michael Brantley (coming back from left arm laceration) DHing today, will be back in left field on Monday for Indians.
- Francona said closer Chris Perez (right shoulder strain) will play catch from 60 feet today if he is deemed asymptomatic.
- Indians open season with 13 straight (first 6 in TOR & TB domes) with no off-days. Tribe weighing carrying 13 pitchers on OD roster.
- Asked what he likes about Zach McAllister, Tribe manager Terry Francona said: "EVERYTHING. There's nothing we don't like."
- Huff leads ST pitchers in 1st strike % and 1-1 strike %, so he might actually have a use in the bullpen.
- Don't rush things, CP.
- Really awesome that we won't have to wait 2 days after the opener for Game 2.
- Francona doesn't even hate McAllister's wardrobe? Or his buttocks?
Giovanni Soto (pictured) struck out Asdrubal Cabrera and Marco Scutaro in the WBC
TAFKA Fausto Carmona is doing well for the Rays
Full article on McAllister being named the #4 starter