Soylent Green is People: 4/12

If everyone in this picture chooses to rec your comment, you might show up in next week's feature! - USA TODAY Sports

Green with it, rock with it.

Welcome or welcome back! I noticed after last week's post that there were a few people who were not familiar with the Soylent Green series. There's no shame in being a newcomer, so I thought I'd put together a little helpful guide to getting along with everyone here at LGT.

"Sounds like 'Take the Z-Train' to me." -- Antoine Batiste
by T.O. Tribe on Apr 5, 2013 | 12:38 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Typical. Once HE makes the case, you fall right in line.
by Joel D on Apr 5, 2013 | 3:40 PM up reply 4 recs flag

HE is Jay. HE tells us what to think, we think it. That alone will get you far here. Don't worry about losing your personal identity though.

Minions, not lemmings. We have a name.
We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son. Understood?
by no1ever on Apr 5, 2013 | 2:09 PM up reply rec (3) flag

See? It's all good.

There is one other thing you need to know, I suppose.

No Indian fan under any circumstance cheers for a Yankee. Never.
Combining folksy good sense and cutthroat business tactics for the last two centuries.
by mauichuck on Apr 8, 2013 | 2:40 PM up reply rec (4) flag

Never? Why would we be so absolute about not cheering for any member of the Yankees at any time?

Because HE’S A G***** YANKEE! That’s why.
by mauichuck on Apr 8, 2013 | 2:39 PM up reply rec (4) flag

Got it?

Good. Here's the rest of the week in recs.

The umpire is not smart enough to understand the great Trevor Bauer’s strike zone.
by tabler84 on Apr 6, 2013 | 11:46 PM up reply rec (5)

I don’t think it is fair that we must be subjected to Flogressive commercials when Pedro Cerano is the spokesperson for Allstate.
by Brick. on Apr 7, 2013 | 11:32 PM reply rec (6) flag

Mark Reynolds is going to hit the Progressive Field scoreboard with a home run this season
by tr1betime on Apr 7, 2013 | 5:10 PM reply rec (6) flag

"We’re underway here at the corner of Carnegie and Ontario." I’ve waited what seems like forever to hear those words.
by Ockus_NYC on Apr 8, 2013 | 4:09 PM reply rec (4) flag

I did like when Rick Manning was giving him the business. “That’s an attitude problem.” Far more egregious than say, sleeping with your best friend’s wife.
by Brick. on Apr 10, 2013 | 1:50 PM reply rec (7) flag

I can’t wait for 2013 to start. This 2012 season sucks.
by Ellaybee on Apr 10, 2013 | 12:40 AM reply rec (8) flag

I’m glad Rivera enjoyed serving up that HR to Alomar. I really enjoyed it, as well.
by Penitent on Apr 11, 2013 | 11:31 AM reply rec (8) flag

Please god, don’t make Z Mac a nickname that we like. Do that and I promise to go a full day without typing “whatever”.
Thanks!
Cols714
by Cols714 on Apr 11, 2013 | 5:47 PM up reply rec (5) flag

That's it from me then. Apologies if this shows up a little funny this week; my computer crashed while I was writing it and it seems to have messed with the formatting a bit. If one of the other authors knows how to straighten that out, please feel free to go in and do so. For the rest of you, I'll see you next week, and happy reccing.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.