3 game series vs Red Sox @ Progressive Field
Tuesday, Apr 16, 2013, 7:05 PM EDT
Mostly cloudy,rain. Winds blowing in from center field at 5-10 m.p.h. Game time temperature around 55.
TV: NESN-HD (BOS)/STO-HD (CLE)/MLB.TV
RADIO: WEEI (BOS)/WTAM (CLE)/MLB Audio
|Wed 04/17||7:05 PM EDT|
|Thu 04/18||7:05 PM EDT|
Pre-Game Reading Material:
Wow, where to begin?
- First, the Indians and Red Sox will recognize those affected by the tragic events in Boston yesterday:
To recognize & honor those affected, the flag will be at half-staff and there will be a moment of silence before the start of today's game.— Cleveland Indians (@Indians) April 16, 2013
Also, both clubs will wear black arm bands:
We will have a moment of silence and wear arm bands tonight as a sign of our support for Boston community.— Mark Shapiro (@MarkShapiro) April 16, 2013
- Because the Indians did not play on Monday, all Indians and Red Sox players will wear uniform #42 tonight in honor of Jackie Robinson, who broke baseball's color barrier sixty-six years ago yesterday.
- The Indians have made another roster move:
As promised, here's the latest 25-man/40-man roster:
- Yet another storyline in tonight's game is that Terry Francona will be managing against the Red Sox for the first time since he was let go by the club after the 2011 season.
- Weather may also be an issue; there's heavy storms in the area, but it looks like they will all stay south of Cleveland.
@mike88juniorfan we will be riding the northern edge of the rain, so game on!— Betsy Kling - WKYC (@BetsyKling) April 16, 2013
- Ubaldo Jimenez will be making his first start since the home opener (4.1 IP, 7 ER)
Carlos Santana is back in the lineup for the first time since the home opener.
- Both Michael Bourn and Jason Kipnis are out of the lineup due to injury.
- But besides that, nothing's going on.
|CF Drew Stubbs
||CF Jacoby Ellsbury
|SS Asdrubal Cabrera||RF Shane Victorino
|C Carlos Santana
||2B Dustin Pedroia|
|1B Nick Swisher||1B Mike Napoli|
|DH Mark Reynolds
||3B Will Middlebrooks
|LF Michael Brantley
||LF Daniel Nava
|2B Mike Aviles
||DH Johnny Gomes
|3B Lonnie Chisenhall
||C David Ross
|RF Ryan Raburn
||SS Pedro Ciriaco|