Soylent Green is People: 4/26

Some comments were born to greenness, others have greenness thrust upon them.

We're now four Soylent Greens deep and having a blast. I think this is going pretty well, don't you guys?

A fan! Thanks, it's nice to know someone agrees with what I think.

I don’t think people care as much about what you think as you think they do.
"I can very easily see a scenario in a couple of months where we’re talking about our starting rotation as a strength.’’ –CA
by westbrook on Apr 22, 2013 | 3:59 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Ouch.

Somewhere, Cols’ suckysense is tingling.
by VA tribe fan on Apr 23, 2013 | 3:34 PM up reply rec (4)

Well now, that could really be about anything...

It’s like he knows how lazy and worthless he is, and now he’s taunting people with it
"I don’t care if it’s Mother Teresa, if she was wearing a Yankee uniform, I’d still boo her." - mauichuck
by Turkmenbashi on Apr 21, 2013 | 1:54 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Well now that's just hurtful. I'd like to see you come up with someone else who can do this.

It would be useful if we could put him on the 60 day and replace him with, perhaps, Huff.

Let's Go Tribe
by Ryan on Apr 23, 2013 | 11:03 AM up reply rec (8)

Unlike MLBTR, David Huff did lots of things wrong.
Formerly fwembt
Banners on the Parkway.
by Brad D on Apr 23, 2013 | 10:08 PM up reply rec (5)

Oh my. Thanks for having my back, guys. That's the kind of suggestion that could send a guy spiraling into depression.

In other news, LGT's comments sections are your one-stop shops for advice on subjects ranging from how to properly cover local sports...

Hoynes Today:

"Hey, Hoynsie: I have watched and enjoyed Nick Swisher’s game and energy for several years. I would love to know the story behind his tic or superstition as he looks up prior to every pitch. He looks like he is reading something written under the bill of his cap. — Keith Conklin, Twinsburg

Hey, Keith: You’re a lot more observant than me (as if that should surprise anyone). I’ll have to check it out. "

I have a suggestion, Paul: You could check it out FIRST and THEN post the question with a real answer…
by DixonCayne on Apr 21, 2013 | 8:51 AM reply rec (5) flag

...to safe sex...

If you score 19 times tonight, you’re likely going on the DL.
by Joel D on Apr 20, 2013 | 10:02 PM up reply 6 recs flag

...to the business of baseball.

The GM’s responsibility is not to make money. He is not in charge of any profit center within the organization, everything he runs is a cost center.
by Jay on Apr 22, 2013 | 9:02 PM up reply rec (3)

Of course, if none of that interests you, you can always come back for the familiar interactions of old friends...

What I don’t get is how youz guys can have the same pissing contest every single day?
by walter.white on Apr 22, 2013 | 5:57 PM up reply rec (6)

...and just general weirdness.

I disagree with this opinion, but the evidence on both sides of the equation is pretty ugly. It’s like trying to pick which dirty diaper to carry around in your pocket all day.
by Joel D on Apr 20, 2013 | 9:03 PM up reply 3 recs flag

Yes, I have no idea why we’re spending so much time talking about Aaron Laffey.
Let's Go Tribe
by Ryan on Apr 24, 2013 | 9:56 AM up reply rec (4) flag

If you say his name three times fast he’ll appear on your 40-man roster.
by Pale Dragon on Apr 24, 2013 | 10:03 AM up reply rec (13) flag

Is Jensen Lewis available? That guy is awesome.
by gte619n on Apr 24, 2013 | 12:57 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Ha, don’t I look stupid. Good thing I’m not an English teacher.

WE NEED AN EDIT BUTTON!!!!
by Buckeye Brad on Apr 24, 2013 | 1:08 PM up reply rec (4) flag

The last time I wasn’t worried was 1995.

Never again.
Let's Go Tribe, SBNation's Cleveland Indians blog
by Jason Lukehart on Apr 21, 2013 | 4:28 PM up reply rec (3)

My roommate and I got around to calling [Chris Perez] [The Caveman] due to the beard and his seemingly crazy antics. Also, in MLB 2K13, he warms up from completely cold to 100% ready in like 2 pitches. So we like to imagine him just grabbing the Gatorade dispenser, throwing it across the bullpen, yelling “I’M READY” and running out to close the game. I hope this is what actually happens.
by tgriffith1992 on Apr 21, 2013 | 5:08 PM up reply rec (6)

I think the piano could have made it
by 27ftBaja on Apr 22, 2013 | 8:31 PM up reply rec (4) flag

And there you have it. This one's a little longer, but I'm trying to make an effort to get into the game threads and rip things out of context. I feel like maybe someone said that would be a good idea.

I said no such thing.
We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son. Understood?
by no1ever on Apr 24, 2013 | 5:02 PM up reply rec (5) flag

Must have been someone else then.

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.