- David Price gave up a season high of 7 runs last year and the 8 he gave up to the Indians Sunday equals his totals for the entire months of July 2012 and August 2012.
- Will Middlebrooks hit 3 home runs in Toronto yesterday. RA Dickey gave up the first 2 of them—part of 8 runs he gave up, even without Jay P. Arincibbioa "catching" him.
PB: H Blanco.
That is an improvement.
- Carlos Santana had his first career 5-hit game (and his first career 4-hit game). He hit a late home run off of Fernando Rodney, who had a 0.60 ERA last season.
According to Elias & further research, Masterson is 1st pitcher to defeat reigning Cy Young winners in 1st two starts of a season.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) April 8, 2013
- Pat Neshek is an autograph collector with special access
- Also from the Neshek link... the stat that some of us were trying to remember the other day:
Roberto Hernandez, the pitcher once known as Fausto Carmona, started for the Tampa Bay Rays on Thursday. According to the Rays, Hernandez was the first pitcher signed as a free agent to start for them since July 15, 2005 — a streak of 1,207 games. Before Hernandez, who makes $3.25 million this season, the last pitcher signed as a free agent to start for the Rays was Hideo Nomo, who gave up seven runs to Toronto and never started in the majors again.There's also the fact that he was the first pitcher over 30 years old to start for the Rays in 1,060 games.
- And I really shouldn't do this to you guys, but...
Forget dad, Victor Martinez’s son would much rather hang out with the opposing team: twitter.com/MLB/status/320…— MLB (@MLB) April 7, 2013