- Adding injury to insult, Carlos Santana had to leave the game in the ninth inning when Chris Perez threw a fastball instead of a offspeed pitch. The ball hit Santana in his left thumb. We should know shortly if he suffered any broken bones in the hand/wrist. %$#@##$.
- The game sucked, too. Ubaldo Jimenez tried to hit corners but couldn't while Kuroda was able to hold things together after a rough start.
- Travis Hafner was the buzzkiller, launching a three-run homer in the first inning. The Indians would tie the game in the bottom of the inning, but Hafner's RBI single in the third put New York ahead for good.
- The Indians did put together a nice pre-game ceremony, and the crowd was really into it until the game got out of hand. Laying an egg is always annoying, but it is especially annoying when it happens during the home opener.
- A fan ran out onto the field late in the game, probably inebriated. Assuming that he was, at least someone is blissfully ignorant of what happened today.
Roll Call (61 Commenters)
|33||Mr. Bad Example||8|
|45||Denver Tribe Fan||3|