Soylent Green is People: 5/17

As a perfect microcosm of this week's edition, I couldn't get the Fausto falling down .gif to work here. - Stu Forster

With technical issues aplently, Soylent Green stumbles to the line on a foggy Friday morning.

Guess who's back?

Andy Marte?
Combining folksy good sense and cutthroat business tactics for the last two centuries.
by mauichuck on May 12, 2013 | 6:58 PM up reply rec (8)

No, you guys, it's me! Do we have anyone out there?

Looks like a good crowd for today.
by jayme on May 13, 2013 | 1:45 PM reply rec (3) flag

Between the tech problems on here and the fact that I'm currently on the way to a wedding in Tennessee, I'm having trouble finding the time and impetus to get Soylent Green to its usual heights.

Just remember to grind. You’ll find some.
by Ockus_NYC on May 14, 2013 | 2:31 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Uh-oh. It's not coming across as green this week and I have no idea how to control that. We're not going to let that stop us, though. We're going to forge ahead with the weekly Ubaldo check.

Oh, and Happy Ubaldo Eve!!!!!!!!!
by Cols714 on May 16, 2013 | 11:51 AM reply rec (5) flag

Ubaldo beats Verlander tonight.
by johnf34 on May 11, 2013 | 6:58 PM reply rec (4)

Spot on.

“Right now, with this umpiring situation, you’re shocked when they get the call right.” – Hammy
by JustinHiggins on May 13, 2013 | 12:18 PM reply rec (4)

So. Don’t tell my wife who is at the spa. I got both kids to nap and am watching the game. Happy mother’s day to me!
by Brick. on May 12, 2013 | 1:27 PM reply rec (3) flag

I’m still like that and I’ve been doing things like dressing myself for years now.
by Ellaybee on May 16, 2013 | 12:37 PM up reply rec (5) flag

Bite your tongue. My wife’s mother is fine where she is. You hear me?!
by Ockus_NYC on May 14, 2013 | 2:28 PM up reply rec (7) flag

Did they do that to slow our guys down, or so that Miggy and Prince just be can be floated and tugged from base to base?
by still ill on May 12, 2013 | 1:21 PM up reply rec (3) flag

Fun times in Cleveland agaaaain… we’re not Detroit!
by ferociouswalrus on May 12, 2013 | 4:50 PM reply rec (3) flag

at that point I told her the price wouldn’t possibly get any lower because David Huff signed it first.

Wish I could rec this 100 times.
Let's Go Tribe
by Ryan on May 16, 2013 | 3:18 PM up reply rec (8) flag

Pitching a shutout in the opening half of an afternoon doubleheader is one of the most baller things a pitcher can do
by APV on May 13, 2013 | 2:35 PM reply rec (6) flag

An impressive showing by the Tribe with the game thread almost a complete non-factor. FIRE LGT!
by Ockus_NYC on May 15, 2013 | 3:43 PM reply rec (6) flag

The site problems at SBN continue. I keep trying to go to Let’s Go Tribe and it takes me to craigslist missed connections.
We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son. Understood?
by no1ever on May 16, 2013 | 4:38 PM up reply rec (3) flag

A Soylent Green could be made up of solely the comments SBN prevented me from posting in the gamethread. Take my word for it.
by ahowie on May 15, 2013 | 8:09 PM reply rec (6) flag

You weren’t there with your wife or girlfriend, were you? If you were that’s pretty gutsy. Because it’s not like Manning wasn’t in the building…
by Ockus_NYC on May 16, 2013 | 9:28 AM up reply rec (4) flag

I'm going to do my best to get this thing back on track next week, but don't get your hopes up.

We’re Indians fans, getting our hopes up for nothing is in our DNA
by Harry Doyle on May 13, 2013 | 3:39 PM up reply rec (4) flag

It's anyone's guess what I'll do if these technological issues keep messing with my flow.

Maybe he’ll

•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

leave in a huff.

YYYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
We wear caps and sleeves at this level, son. Understood?
by no1ever on May 13, 2013 | 1:07 PM up reply rec (3) flag

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.