Ok, I'll elaborate a bit.
- Zach McAllister is metamorphosing into a quality major-league starter from start to start. Tonight he was in total control of the game, cruising through seven innings and two-thirds of the eighth. Rich Hill came in to retire pinch-hitter Luke Muntz to end the eighth.
- The Indians scored the lone run of the game thanks largely to a two-error, two-base play. Carlos Santana what should have been a routine grounder, but first baseman Brandon Moss booted the ball and second baseman Eric Sogard picked up the ball and threw wildly. The ball ended up behind home plate and Santana ended up at second. Carlos advanced to third on a Mike Aviles single and he scored on a Yan Gomes sacrifice fly.
- Gomes might have saved the game in the ninth. After Yoenis Cespedes singled with one out in the inning, he attempted to steal second, but Gomes uncorked an absolutely perfect throw to nab Cespedes by five feet. Perez then struck out Brandon Moss to preserve the 1-0 win.
- The Indians have now won 8 out of 9 games.
- Frank Herrmann is giving away two tickets to tomorrow's game to the person that can come up with the best Indians nickname. And if you don't win and live in the area, there will be plenty of good seats available...
Roll Call (39 Commenters)
|5||Mr. Bad Example||49|
|31||VA tribe fan||2|
|34||The Lame Ranger||1|