- Corey Kluber was placed on DL with a finger sprain on Tuesday and Matt Langwell was recalled. On the radio, Hammy said that Kluber's likely facing a 4-6 week recovery.
- The Astros had a 5-0 lead hosting Boston. But that wasn't enough for some character named Jordan Lyles. Boston ended up winning 15-10.
- Baltimore beat San Diego 4-1 behind the pitching of Bud Norris. (sigh)
- Tampa Bay, however, lost to Arizona! 6 to 1.
During their 10-game winning streak, the #Tigers have allowed a grand total of 13 runs.
Indians are 34-14 vs. sub-.500 teams (29 games left) and 28-37 vs. above-.500 teams (20 games left) this season.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) August 7, 2013
If Tribe stays true to win % vs +/- .500 teams rest of way, project to win 90 games. 5th-best AL team (2nd WC) avg 90.3 wins past 10 years.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) August 7, 2013
- And finally, a little perspective, courtesy of a fan of a team that scored 15 runs in the game being referred to:
At this point Farrell has to more Napoli out of the five hole. or more Ortiz up to 3rd and have Pedroia bat clean-up.. unique idea.— Mike Loyko (@NEPD_Loyko) August 7, 2013