- The Indians have named four finalists for the Governor of Brohio (with video). Anyone feel compelled to support any of those guys in particular?
- If you attend a Major League Baseball game in 2015, you'll be required to go through some form of screening by a metal detector. SOme teams will begin implementing the procedure in 2014.
- Bobby Abreu is going to be a Phillie again! Here's Castro, with my feelings exactly:
Good to see the #Phillies' youth movement continue with the Bobby Abreu signing.— Anthony Castrovince (@castrovince) January 21, 2014
- MLB Daily Dish's Chris Cotillo reports that "[t]he Tampa Bay Rays have acquired Logan Forsythe from the San Diego Padres in a four-player trade, according to a league source. Alex Torres is likely headed to San Diego in the deal."
- MLB Players Association would expel Alex Rodriguez – if it could - Players overwhelmingly wanted Alex Rodriguez out, which wasn't possible, reports Yahoo. Tommy Lasorda had this to say on the matter:
Tommy Lasorda says A-Rod "ruined the game."— Dan Martin (@DanMartin_Post) January 21, 2014