Didn't know? Don't worry. Ten days ago, this would have been news to me, too.
So, who is Travis Banwart?
Signed in December 2013 to a minor league deal, Banwart had spent his entire professional career in the Oakland organization. He spent parts of five seasons in AAA but still hasn't made his MLB debut. He has, however, pitched 125 innings or more in six consecutive seasons.
March 5 News and Notes
- Jordan Bastian echoes many things already written about Justin Masterson seeking a shorter-term deal than Homer Bailey. Love or hate Antonetti, you have to like how quickly he made Cleveland a place where guys want to play.
- The Rangers signed Joe Saunders.
- As I suspected would happen, David Cooper cleared waivers and is already back in Indians camp as an NRI.
- Castro takes a look at the "odd" defensive alignments that are now all over the major leagues.
- Nothing really to see here, but it is worthy of passing along:
- The Indians formally named "Greg Langbehn their Major League Replay Coordinator. [He will be] charged with reviewing plays in clubhouse & communicating with [the] dugout."
- Castro again, this time taking a look at a "New book [that] chronicles the birth of Jacobs Field and the building of a contender."
- Zack Wheeler is fine with nobody talking about him.
- Aaaaand ending on a lighter note:
Video: Ohio TV Traffic Guy covers "Let It Go" from Frozen with a unique twist http://t.co/DVCzpziMxc— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) March 4, 2014