- Grady Sizemore was DFA'd by the Red Sox. Brock Holt is now a center fielder, too. He should start to regress any day now...
Sizemore was 20 PAs away from a $250K bonus, and 12 days on active roster away from $250K bonus. #RedSox— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) June 17, 2014
- The Mighty Detroit Tigers are no longer in first place. They lost to the Royals last night 11-4. Max Scherzer was last night’s pitching goat for the kitties, charged with 10 runs. Brad Ausmus needs to realize that Verlander and Scherzer aren’t invincible—and needs to replace them earlier than he has been. But hey, we won’t complain.
- Adam Miller was placed on the minor league disabled list.
- In Tribe clubhouse, players’ daughters made welcome | TribeVibe/ABJ
- Josh Tomlin got rocked last night. He was due for one of these. Yesterday’s game was hideous: another fringy soft-tosser that the Indians couldn’t touch… and the aforementioned regression of Tomlin.
- Mark Lowe made his glorious return to the Tribe last night. And he got hit hard. Hopefully he’s sent back to AAA again by the time this publishes. He made a negative impression on me the first time he was called up, and did nothing to remedy that last night.
- Mike Trout homered twice last night, once off of Lowe. Somehow, it was only the second time in his career he’d gone deep twice.
- Former Indians minor leaguer Yohan Pino will take Samuel Deduno's place in the Twins rotation on Thursday. Pino had a 1.92 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, and 61/16 K/BB ratio in 61 innings this season at Triple-A Rochester.