We've made it through another MLB Draft, and the Indians have added another 42 players (yes, I know they won't all sign, so the Indians haven't actually added most of them yet, but you know what I mean). Among these 42 are players your unborn children will someday have posters of on their wall. One of these guys will appear on the front cover of the Cleveland Plain Dealer in October of 2020, celebrating the Tribe's World Series win with Francisco Lindor and Clint Frazier.
Point being, you're going to want to know some of these guys, so here they all are:
|1||21||Bradley Zimmer||U of San Francisco (CA)||OF||L/R||6'5"||205||21|
|1||31||Justus Sheffield||Tullahoma HS (TN)||LHP||L/L||5'10"||196||18|
|CB||38||Mike Papi||University of Virginia (VA)||OF||L/R||6'3"||195||21|
|2||61||Grant Hockin||Damien HS (CA)||RHP||R/R||6'3"||195||18|
|3||97||Bobby Bradley||Harrison Central HS (MS)||1B||L/R||6'1"||225||18|
|4||128||Sam Hentges||Mounds View HS (MN)||LHP||L/L||6'6"||235||17|
|5||158||Julian Merryweather||Oklahoma Baptist University (OK)||RHP||R/R||6'4"||200||22|
|6||188||Greg Allen||San Diego State (CA)||CF||S/R||6'0"||175||21|
|7||218||Simeon Lucas||Grant Community HS (IL)||C||L/R||6'2"||195||18|
|8||248||Micah Miniard||Boyle County HS (KY)||RHP||R/R||6'7"||195||18|
|9||278||Alexis Pantoja||Puerto Rico Baseball Academy (PR)||SS||S/S||5'11"||150||18|
|10||308||Steven Patterson||U of California - Davis (CA)||2B||L/R||5'9"||205||21|
|11||338||Jared Robinson||Cerritos College (CA)||RHP||R/R||6'0"||190||19|
|12||368||Jordan Dunatov||U of Nevada - Reno (NV)||RHP||R/R||6'5"||200||21|
|13||398||Austin Fisher||Kansas State (KS)||SS||L/R||6'1"||195||21|
|14||428||Grayson Jones||Shelton State CC (AL)||RHP||R/R||6'1"||205||19|
|15||458||Luke Eubank||Oxnard College (CA)||RHP||R/R||6'0"||180||20|
|16||488||J.P. Feyereisen||U of Wisconsin - Stevens Point (WI)||RHP||R/R||6'2"||215||21|
|17||518||Cameron Hill||Redlands CC (OK)||RHP||R/R||6'1"||185||20|
|18||548||Taylor Murphy||University of the Pacific (CA)||OF||L/R||6'1"||185||21|
|19||578||Argenis Angulo||Ranger College (TX)||RHP||R/R||6'3"||220||20|
|20||608||Gian Paul Gonzalez||Discipulos De Cristo HS (PR)||C||R/R||6'0"||185||18|
|21||638||Bobby Ison||Charleston Southern (SC)||OF||L/L||5'8"||170||20|
|22||668||Jordan Carter||Saint Joseph's (PA)||RHP||R/R||6'4"||195||22|
|23||698||David Armendariz||Cal Poly Pomona (CA)||OF||R/R||6'1"||215||22|
|24||728||Jodd Carter||Hilo HS (HI)||CF||R/R||5'10"||170||17|
|25||758||Kainoa Harrison||Punahou HS (HI)||C||R/R||5'11"||180||17|
|26||788||Reese Cooley||Fleming Island HS (FL)||OF||R/R||6'2"||197||18|
|27||818||David Speer||Columbia (NY)||LHP||L/L||6'1"||185||21|
|28||848||Nathan Winfrey||Maplewoods CC (MO)||3B||R/R||6'2"||205||19|
|29||878||Drake Roberts||St. Mary's University (TX)||2B||S/R||5'9"||160||22|
|30||908||Nick Hynes||Riverside CC (CA)||RHP||R/R||6'4"||230||20|
|31||938||Dominic DeMasi||Valdosta St U (GA)||RHP||R/R||6'3"||190||21|
|32||968||Jared West||Houston (TX)||LHP||R/L||6'6"||220||21|
|33||998||Peter Dolan||Gilmour Academy (OH)||3B||R/R||5'11"||180||18|
|34||1028||Cody Calloway||Midview HS (OH)||3B||R/R||6'3"||195||19|
|35||1058||Joseph Dunand||Gulliver Prep School (FL)||3B||R/R||6'3"||190||18|
|36||1088||Max Bartlett||Gulf Coast CC (FL)||SS||R/R||5'11"||165||19|
|37||1118||Juan Gomes||Odessa Col (TX)||C||R/R||6'2"||185||22|
|38||1148||Cody Jones||TCU (TX)||CF||S/R||5'11"||175||21|
|39||1178||Jake Morton||Oakland U (MI)||RHP||R/R||6'1"||200||22|
|40||1208||Ryder Ryan||North Mecklenburg HS (NC)||RHP||R/R||6'2"||205||19|
- 15 high school players, 27 from college. 19 pitches, 23 position players.
- I've already written a bit about each of the Tribe's four draftees from Day 1, you can find those here. I also wrote about the eight players taken on Day 2, with mini scouting reports, you can find those here.
- There's video of 1st-round pick Bradley Zimmer in action here, along with an interview he gave a few minutes after being drafted.
- Looking at the Day 3 guys, a few things jump out at me:
- J.P. Feyereisen has some E's in his name, like a lot of E's. I'm not saying that means he's going to be a disaster in the field or anything, but it seems like it's worth pointing out.
- I knew a girl in college named Taylor Murphy. She knew how to party.
- What do they teach you at Ranger College?
- Jordan and Jodd Carter probably aren't related, but maybe they are. Maybe they are also related to Gary and Joe... and Rubin, Vince and Cris, and Linda, Nell, and Shawn, and Jimmy (but not Billy). Man, there are a lot of famous Carters out there.
- Peter Dolan is the son of Indians owner Paul Dolan (really, he is). TEH DOLANZ AR PROBLY TO CHEEP TO SIGN HIM!
- Juan Gomes is Yan's younger brother. I suspect drafting Juan was part of the agreement when Yan signed his contract extension.
- The Indians didn't need a 42nd draftee, but they were still looking for someone to top the list for "Best Name," so they grabbed Ryder Ryan.