Tribe Time 2009
Relentless — Preview of the 2009 club, 25 pages of charts and graphs from InsideEdge and profiles of 33 players, by Jay Levin, Evan Dawson, Andrew Humphries, Adam Van Arsdale, Greg Grant, Tyler Chirdon, Ryan Richards and Paul Cousineau.
- What Went Wrong — After a season of bizarre misfires, will 2009 be any different? A grueling 2008 recap and look forward, by Paul Cousineau and Jay Levin.
- 'I Felt Like I Could Do This' — Q&A with Kelly Shoppach, a man who should be some team's starting catcher, by David Laurila.
- Five-Year Projected Depth Chart — Every player who is currently or is expected to be a Cleveland Indian, 2009-2013, on a big grid.
- The Next Wave — David Huff and Adam Miller get ready to make an impact on the shores of Lake Erie, plus sidebar on next-wave position players, by Paul Cousineau.
- No Sympathy — Relentlessly working on a comeback, Travis Hafner would rather not talk about it, interview and profile by Evan Dawson.
- Genuine Relief — Kerry Wood has come to rescue us from the nerve-damaged Borowski era, by Andrew Humphries.
- Putting It All Together — Q&A with Chris Antonetti, a man who should be some team's general manager, by Jay Levin.
- Value-Based Ticket Pricing — A look at the Indians' innovative new ticket pricing scheme, straight from the business analyst who helped them create it, including detailed season schedule, by Vince Gennaro.
- Scouting the Competition — Four flawed but formidable clubs could make for another cliffhanger in the AL Central, overviews of our four divisional rivals by Jacob Wheatley-Schaller.
- Timeline: Acquiring the 2009 Indians — How we got these guys.
Tribe Time Prospects
- Learning To Love the Organization — Some guys just are never going to be the next All-Star Indians, but some of these guys just might be. Top 20 Prospects, full profiles with lots of stats, plus 12 more guys worth watching, by Adam Van Arsdale.
- New Blood — Highlighting the Indians' ten most significant amateur signings of the past year, from both the international market and the North American draft — not just who we signed, but how and why we scouted and drafted them, by Tyler Chirdon.
- Hello Columbus — Previewing the 2009 Columbus Clippers, who move into a shiny new ballpark as the Indians make a big footprint in the Columbus market, by Greg Grant.
Tribe Time Capsules
- Starting PItchers: The Best 25 Seasons — How well do Lee and Sabathia stand up agaist a century's worth of Indians Hall of Famers? A giant piece of historical research, statistical analysis and Tribe nostalgia, by Ryan Richards.
- It's A Long Drive ... — A kid from South Euclid remembers Herb Score, by Joe Posnanski.
- 50 Years, 10 Moments — Most of it bad and ugly, and yet all of it good, by Chris Satullo.